Amaranthine Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magic concepts

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Magic concepts - Page 2 Empty Re: Magic concepts

Post by Shave N Haircut Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:13 am

Luxa wrote:
Shave N Haircut wrote:I agree with Luxa and Eva, though even with whatever the fuck kemonomimi is, I'd be against dog people. I'd be ESPECIALLY against a race of giant preying mantis. That'd be ridiculous.

This is a kemonomimi.  Sorry for the size.  On my phone.
Spoiler:

*Quietly saves that pic for later*

I see.

Shave N Haircut

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxa Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:16 am

So that's what I want to have a nation of Razz
Luxa
Luxa

Back to top Go down

Post by Shave N Haircut Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:21 am

Luxa wrote:So that's what I want to have a nation of Razz

So just Furry People (Class 4)? I guess that could slide...

Shave N Haircut

Back to top Go down

Post by EndlessVoid Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:11 pm

So people with DOG ears are ok, but giant sentient insect's aren't? Ohhhhhh welllll.
How advanced will the technology be? Can there be any Magitech stuff? I mean in a world with wizards and the industrial revolution it seems inevitable to me. But then again, so did Mantis people, so who knows anymore Razz
EndlessVoid
EndlessVoid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasumi Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:03 pm

Technology is ~1900. Depending on how magic works, magic-powered technology could be an option. So far though, people have been mostly discussing sentient mantises and kemonomimi instead of adressing magical system proposals.
Kasumi
Kasumi

Nation
Nation Name: Finoa

Back to top Go down

Post by EndlessVoid Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:09 pm

Magic concepts - Page 2 60a42410
Mantis Scientist
But yeah, what do you guys think about a race of magic constructs? Not golems, but more like Androids powered by magic rather than sci-fi magic.
On that note, by magical world are we talking about a world with trace amounts of magic which allow only a few to be wizards, or is it thick with magic, just humans suck at it or something?
Also magic beasts, monsters. Are these gonna be a thing? maybe for early game military operations? Before the PVP gets too heated Razz
EndlessVoid
EndlessVoid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasumi Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:14 pm

One to two per mille. That's the ratio of people who are actually capable of manipulating magic. The rest is stuck with just experiencing its effects. Any attempt to circmvent this with special races will get denied for obvious reasons.
Kasumi
Kasumi

Nation

Back to top Go down

Post by Shave N Haircut Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:14 pm

Magitech is a no for me.

And people with dog ears are a lot different from actual literal fucking giant sentient insects.

Shave N Haircut

Back to top Go down

Post by EndlessVoid Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:17 pm

Shave N Haircut wrote:Magitech is a no for me.

And people with dog ears are a lot different from actual literal fucking giant sentient insects.
I don't get it, is it the Antenna? The Blade-like claws? Whats not to like here. I mean at least its not a race of giant sentient spiders :p though those are more common low fantasy settings.
I mean if it means giving up magic my Mantis' would be willing Razz
EndlessVoid
EndlessVoid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasumi Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:18 pm

Well, I for my part see magitech pretty much only as viable if it's just a general substitute for an IRL source of energy (cars or light bulbs running on pixie dust), or if it is just a requirement for using magic (kind of like if it is a bonded item that is needed for magic, and you are screwed without it. Though instead of a simple ring or amulet, it is a bit more intricate machinery to gather magical energy and transform it into something useful).
Kasumi
Kasumi

Nation

Back to top Go down

Post by EndlessVoid Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:22 pm

Kasumi wrote:

Well, I for my part see magitech pretty much only as viable if it's just a general substitute for an IRL source of energy (cars or light bulbs running on pixie dust), or if it is just a requirement for using magic (kind of like if it is a bonded item that is needed for magic, and you are screwed without it. Though instead of a simple ring or amulet, it is a bit more intricate machinery to gather magical energy and transform it into something useful).
I mean we could also use it as a research goal I guess, maybe frame it like magitech is a newly emerging thing. Using automatic magically lightened mine-carts could provide a 100% boost to mine yields, or maybe using magically operated streetlights would give a negative modifier to civilian unrest cuz the city watch can operate better?
This way people would need to split their mages between research, war and espionage. The more applications for mages, the more options, the more different strategies and nation types will emerge.
EndlessVoid
EndlessVoid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasumi Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:27 pm

Or you know, you can just use gas lights...
Kasumi
Kasumi

Nation

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxa Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:27 am

Kasumi wrote:

I like this idea quite a lot. Magic could potentially be substituted when there is a real life equivalent. I also like the potential for some form of machinery that takes magical energy and makes it useful. Maybe a special artillery piece could collect magic to fire.
Luxa
Luxa

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasumi Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:40 am

It'd make more sense to use magical reactions for propellant charge and the explosive in the shell. Though that's pretty much like running your tanks on the Fischer-Tropsch process, hardly efficient if you got access to normal cordite.
Kasumi
Kasumi

Nation

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum